Tuesday 14 November 2023

Girl Talk issue 1, Feb 1995

 





Issue 1 of Girl Talk! I remember my Mum getting me this to cheer me up when I had chicken pox. I became a regular reader. Every issue of Girl Talk came with at least one cute animal poster (often with some puntastic text- the poster of a foal in this issue has the words "just foaling around!", a photo comic called Sweet Valley Kids that featured twins named after the Sweet Valley High characters, stories, crafts, quizzes and problems pages.

I will need to get some more scans of this issue as there are some great gems. Who wouldn't want to learn how to play Saturday Night by Whigfield on the recorder? There's also an essential how to from Blue Peter presenter Diane-Louise Jordan where she shows you how to make a photo frame (a bit of cardboard covered entirely in tin foil), and a handy quiz to see if you are a good best friend.

Published by BBC magazines there was a lot of CBBC content including the above where a kid got to go behind the scenes of CBBC and meet Otis the Aardvark.

No comments:

Post a Comment