Thursday 16 November 2023

She-Ra annual 1987

 






The annual that started my collection...
I never had any annuals as a kid, although I know many people find them nostalgic as they were a popular stocking filler. The first annual I ever got was this exact one: She-Ra 1987, I found it in a charity shop when I was a teenager. As a kid I loved She-Ra and the book was cheap so I got it. It was to be the first in my collection of many!

Some of the art is a bit dodgy and the lion people are quite amusing. I love a good character page, and especially a Masters of the Universe one. This annual makes me nostalgic because as well as loving the cartoons I remember at school in the early 90s we were all allowed to choose one book each to keep as they were having a clear out. I chose the ladybird book She-Ra and He-Man The Secret of the Sword, a book adaption of the film. I cherished that book and my favourite part was the inside covers where they had character splash pages much like the scan above. So this annual is one of my favourites in my collection :)


No comments:

Post a Comment